As my first blog post on my personal blog, I will start it with the reason that let me setup and launch my personal blog, the Authorship markup.Google has gifted all authors a rel=author markup in search results. this will help searches discover great content.
To identify the author of a blog or article, Google checks for a connection between the content page (such as an article), an author page, and a Google Profile. Authorship markup uses the
rel attribute (part of the open HTML5 standard) in links to indicate the relationship between a content page and an author page (** Authorship markup)
To implement it in my blog, I create a an “About me” and i used custom menus to be able to add the rel=”author” in the href linking to my about page. to do so you need to:
- Create About you page
- Go to Menus under Appearance
- Create a Menu, click Save
- Check the “About me” page in the left column and click “Add to menu”
- In this step you have to click “Screen Options” on top and check “Link Relationship (XFN)”
- now go to the “about me” showing in the Menu and click the small down arrow
- fill the rel box with “author”.
- Now while you write your About page make sure that every social profile, author page on a different blog and your Google + profile. you need to add a rel=”me” in every link.
- in this final step go to Google Rich Snippet testing tool
Leave a comment
I am an SEO and Internet Marketing consultant in Orlando & Daytona Beach, Florida. a Lebanese Origin with a Passion for SEO and Analytics, Founder of LebSEO Design . I also maintain a microblog on Twitter @WissamDandan and Google+